Friday, October 30, 2009

It could actually happen.


My prediction for the Gophers and UAA

I predict that this weekend the WCHA league office will assign a combination of Don Adam, Jon Campion, Marko Hunt and Derrick Shepherd to the Minnesota and UAA series. Also, expect WCHA commissioner Bruce McLeod and Greg Shepherd to be in attendance for one or both games this weekend.

The games will be called tightly because the leagues money maker is already in danger of not getting a home playoff series or making the WCHA Final Five and just cannot happen. The Gophers must be given a life line.

My Scenario: UAA Seawolves players beware, if so much as breath on the Golden Gopher players there will be a penalty called and you will be sent to the box to feel shame. I also predict that there will be a high number of penalties called this weekend so be forewarned that there will be a parade to the penalty box. Also there will be no flow to the games what–so-ever. The UAA Seawolves will be whistled for 10-15 penalties a game. I predict a sweep and all will be fine in Rodent Land.

*Disclaimer : I wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween, remember this is humor but not outside the realm of possibility. On Saturday the NCAA Round up will be posted at 12:00.
BallHype: hype it up!

10 comments:

  1. I don't care for the way you couch things with 'this is just humor'. It certainly doesn't sound like you're being humorous. Yout rly sounder like you bleive it to be true.

    I am enjoying a good deal of your writing, but this crap does nothing but, to borrow one of your phrases, makes you look 'bush league'.

    Get back to your good (anti-gopher or not) writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No fun allowed Goon!

    Anyway, Camps is up in Houghton being an old man here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame on you for having fun. Aren't blogs supposed to be serious?!? *eye roll*

    You are off in your prediction because you forgot to mention that Lucia will be dressed up as Eddie Monster and Hill will be Herman Monster! Picture it...they both kinda look like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For those of you that misread my comment, you may have missed the point; which was "this doesn't sound like you're being humorous". I may be wrong, but I sense that Goon actually believes what he was writing.

    I am all in favor of humor for humor's sake; not in favor of using it as a shield while conveying a conspiracy! So, why didn't Jesus want to play hockey?


    He didn't want to get nailed into the boards. Don't forget to tip your waitress... I'll be here all season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? I thought you were being sardonic, and that is what bothered me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well you were almost completely wrong, I don't think one side got favored at all when it came to penalties. The Gophers did sweep but only because UAA sucks. I don't think they have a prayer at Wisconsin this weekend and I only hope their underachieving can follow through into the BSU series, I'd like to see them take one from Minnesota at home, almost as good as seeing BSU finally beat UND one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. UAA played like I thought they would this weekend, backing up my observation that UAA is a a big slow lumbering team with very little talent. Their goaltender is brutal and the Sioux should have exploited him by getting his feet moving like the Goofs did this past weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boosh no fun allowed and are we going to have a side bet on this weekend's games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlies sarcasm = sardonic in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete