Friday, September 19, 2008

Golf More Dangerous Than Hockey...

You can't make this stuff up, this is kind of funny because I have done it many times myself when I am golfing, but I have never injured myself doing it...
By Brad Lee
Erik Johnson injured his knee this week on the golf course. We wish we were making this up. They don’t know how bad it is, but he’s out for at least the first three days of training camp. On the Blues’ Web site, the only explanation was a non-hockey-related injury. In a call with reporters earlier today, team president John Davidson gave a rather odd explanation for how the former No. 1-overall draft pick was injured.

This is what John Davidson had to say on EJ's freak accident.
“This is a hard one to believe, but it’s the God’s honest truth . . . he was playing golf and he pulled the golf cart up to where his ball was. And he took his left leg and put it on the ground and the right leg, he sort of reached back and put it on the brake. A lot of us do it . . . I do it all the time myself. As he pushed the brake, he missed a little bit, his leg got caught under there and he slipped and that wrenched his knee.”

No comments:

Post a Comment