Thursday, September 18, 2008

Former Sioux hockey player Kaip get married.


Nice piece on Rylan Kaip. Rylan Kaip got married this summer. I have to admit that I enjoyed Kaip's four years at UND. That being said, it sounds like Kaip made an impression in Traverse City Michigan at the rookie camp. I also agree with the assessment, Kaip is a player that plays with heart.
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. – Speaking of settling down, there also happens to be another former collegian who was recently married in his hometown of Wilcox, Saskatchewan -- forward Rylan Kaip of the Atlanta Thrashers.

Kaip, who was selected by Atlanta in the ninth round of the 2003 draft, served as captain at the University of North Dakota last season when the Fighting Sioux reached the NCAA Frozen Four a fourth straight season. In 143 career college games, he had 15 goals, 38 points and 230 penalty minutes. Kaip joined former teammate and Traverse City prospect T.J. Oshie, the 24th pick in the '05 Entry Draft by the St. Louis Blues, as the only Sioux players to sign professional contracts last summer.

"(Kaip) is another late-round pick who can skate and shoot," said Dan Marr, Atlanta's director of scouting and player development. "He's not the finesse player or the guy you lean on for offense, but Rylan possesses all the necessary intangibles that a guy brings to the table. He plays with heart, courage, is a responsible player and natural leader. He's played in winning organizations and winning traditions and we like a player who can bring that to the table; players who will go against anyone."

"I'm just trying to play one game at a time and play my hardest," Kaip said. "I don't want to leave Traverse saying I could have played better heading in training camp. I enjoy playing with an edge and while I'm no heavyweight, I've always been competitive and looked after the defensive zone. I enjoy giving our team a spark when needed."

Thrashers General Manager Don Waddell would suggest to every collegiate player to remain in college if undecided

No comments:

Post a Comment