Sunday, May 25, 2008

Linkorama: New Fighting Sioux blog

I just recently found this new Fighting Sioux/Boston University hockey blog while surfing the net; UNDER REVIEW and there is an interesting article on Fighting Sioux recruit Garret Clarke. Apparently this kid's stock is really rising and the Moncton Wildcats of the QMJHL are interested in making him part of their team, for now it appears for now that Clarke is still going to go the Fargo Force of the USHL and then to the Fighting Sioux of the WCHA. I am not going to hold my breath waiting. Expect a full court press because the QMJHL doesn't care about any gentleman's agreement nor should they.
Tim Clarke, the father, gave a long pause and then seemed to choose his words carefully when asked why his son is returning to Moncton for the summer.

"His sister is going to school there and we still have a home there,'' he said. "He's going there to train and just hang out for a few weeks. That's about all I can really say to be honest.''

Has Clarke, his parents or the family advisor already met with Moncton and worked out a deal for him to suit up here next season?

"We're still tied to Fargo in the USHL and the University of North Dakota at this time,'' said the father. "We'll have to see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

"There's a lot of interest in him, but I really can't say who we've met with and who we haven't. There's a lot of (QMJHL) teams that have made offers. As it stands today, we're still focused on the commitments that he's made to Fargo and the University of North Dakota.

"Will that change in two weeks or a month or two months? It's difficult to say at this point. I'm not at liberty to say whether or not he would consider Moncton or any other (QMJHL) team for that matter.''

Moncton head coach and director of hockey operations Danny Flynn was asked about the possibility of making Clarke the first overall pick in the draft.

"We've spoken to his representative, Allain Roy, four or five times and we've been told that he's definitely going to pursue U.S. college hockey,'' he said. "I've seen him play enough to know that he's a very talented player.

4 comments:

  1. I will get cracking on that one. I spaced it out. Sorry Dude. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was joking, i put a great hockey video up yesterday. How's the golf game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I a going golfing at 1800 hours.
    It hasn't happened all that much this season because of the weather and the fact that my wife keeps scheduling stuff on my off days :)

    I play in a Men's league at Kings Walk.

    ReplyDelete