Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rolston and Gaborik rumors

Here are some of the latest rumors from Eklund The Anonymous Hockey Blogger. I have seen this guy right like once and that was during the Toews signing, go figure.

First off, IF the Wild trade Marian Gaborik they better get a boat load of draft choices and prospects; in my opinion Boston has little to give in the way of prospects. If the Minnesota Wild trades the face of their organization away, Minnesota Wild fans will not be very forgiving if the organization doesn’t get a lot in return. Gaborik although a often hurt player I a dynamic offensive player that does bring a lot to the table, replacing his 40-50 goals in the line up would be very hard. I am all for getting rid of perimeter player PMB. I don't see the Wild trading Gabby.

As a Bruins fan I would love to see Hossa and Gaborik on the same team along with Savard, however, wouldn't the Wild also be in the mix as well? Brian Rolston is one of my favorite all-time American born players in the NHL and I would love to see him end his career with the Minnesota Wild.

Rolston
A few sources are telling me that Brian Rolston, one of the more attractive UFAs due to his solid two-way play, is looking likely to return to Minnesota. That is not to say that other teams aren't going to make pitches that may make this decision a tough one for Brian, but most of my sources are leaning towards Brian returning due to the fact he really loves playing in Minnesota.

Gaborik
Although some sources are saying pretty much the same thing regarding Gaborik's desire to remain a "Wild" (?) reports are that some very serious trade offers may make things complicated including a mega offer from a "team in the Northeast" that I believe to be either Buffalo or Boston. There is one scenario where Boston would attempt to unite Hossa and Gaborik in Boston.

Umberger for Suter?
From all I am hearing Jeff Carter wants to and will indeed be a Flyer for years to come. However, the Flyers are in an interesting spot with RJ. While it is hard to imagine a Vanek-like offer sheet coming in for RJ, it is entirely possible that Holmgren and Poile (two long-time friends) could make a move that would clear up issues for each of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment