Sunday, May 25, 2008

Video of the Nicklas Lidstrom no-goal


Here is the video of the Nicklas Lidstrom non-goal from game one in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Honestly from a objective point of view this appears to be a bad call and if I had been the on ice official I would have called it a good goal.

While I am not a fan of Tomas Holmstrom and he does cross the line in crowding the net, but I don't know in this case, I have watched the video a quite a few times and this call was really flimsy and a ticky tacky call. If anything the NHL needs to let the defenseman have more lee way in clearing out the front of the net. In the old days Holmstrom would have been knocked out of the way by the defender.

2 comments:

  1. I think my head would have exploded if Detroit had lost that game by a goal.

    That is twice now, in 0-0 games, that Holmstrom has gotten a goal waived off for doing his job. Nothing illegal about it. His stick might have made contact with the goalie on this one, but Fleury is coming out of the crease and Homer has a right to his space as well. And his stick had absolutely no impact on Fleury's ability to make the save. And to top it off, he gets a minor penalty. Please...

    O'Halloran is a maroon. And the fact that the NHL has this guy doing the SCF speaks to the sorry state of their officiating.

    ReplyDelete