Friday, October 15, 2010

Beavers and Sioux game on.

The Sioux and the Beavers open up WCHA play in the new BREC tonight at 7:37 pm. This is also not the first official event to take place on the ice of the BREC. The first official game that took place this afternoon in the BREC between the BSU Beavers and Mercyhurst Lakers in Woman College Hockey. The Beavers lost the inaugural game 4-0. This is a picture from the press box off of my blackberry.
Tonight's game is on B2 Network and on MIDCO 597.
 UND just sent out a release saying that this weekend’s games will be available on most Midcontinent systems on Channel 597. I’m also told you should check PBS, which is Channel 13 in Grand Forks.
I also attended the Beaver Pride Luncheon (I was not able to find a shirt that says "Beaver Pride" yet) and both coaches were very complimentary of each other and their teams. I did have audio of the event but I sat so far away from the speakers my blackberry only was able to pick up the crowds laughter. I swear those phones are way over priced and over rated. You can follow my Tweets on Twitter as I will not have my laptop this weekend in the press box. I had a laptop malfunction last week and my crappy laptop is enroute back to Best Buy from their repair center. The voice of the Beavers Scott Williams was nice enough to let me use his desk top.