Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hey Bettman and Gainey: HALAK SHALAK!

HOW ABOUT THEM CAPITOLS?

Hey Bettman, at least you still got Crosby!

I'm not going to say that the Pens will succumb to the awesome known as Jaroslav Halak, but I SURE AS HECK HOPE SO.

I may not be a big fan of Montreal, but I am of Jaroslav Halak. This guy can play. Vs. commentators said that he stopped 131 of 134 shots in the last 3 games. That's insane!

I say Gainey listen up because this is the guy YOU wanted to be backup to your precious Carey Price! This is a guy who wanted to be traded because he knew he was better than Price and so did his teammates (well, they play better in front of him anyhow) and Gainey's only smart move was NOT to trade him. In the end, the Habs ownership saw the light and removed the barrier towards getting Halak more #1 goaltending time: Firing Gainey's deadweight arse.

Halak reminds me a TON of JS Giguere the year he carried the Ducks to the Stanley Cup... only the Ducks had a bit more scoring.

Halak is, by far, the MVP of the entire playoff picture thus far.

On a side note, Vs. is interviewing Capitol Defenseman Karl Alzner... KARL FREAKING ALZNER! His playing time in this series? ONE BLEEDING GAME! What does he know? He knows he's the lowest guy on the totem pole so, "go get em champ!"

Varlamov wasn't that bad. I thought both goaltenders played well. The Capitols dominated in SOG.

The fact is: Halak carried this team to victory. I am doubtful they have the ability to keep it up.

This is the first time a #8 team beat a #1 team (according to Vs.) after being down 3 games to 1.

Vs. makes a big deal out of this and I suppose it is, by the fact that the Habs had to win 3 straight games to overtake them. However, epic upset? I dunno. I can see why it could be considered that. The Habs were the worst playoff team in the playoffs...

That's ok. All I care about is the fact that Gary Bettman and his PR monkeys are now down to one God-child in the playoffs. If Crosby gets knocked out in the semis.... HELLO CHRISTMAS IN MAY!!!





BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment