Friday, April 02, 2010

Colby Armstrong hit on Mathieu Perreault


I was watching the Caps and Thrashers game last night and I was surprised this wasn't a penalty this is the type of hits that the league wants to eliminate from the NHL. Here is what Sean Leahy of Puck daddy had to say about the hit.
Colby Armstrong laid another in a long line of questionable hits on Mathieu Perreault of the Capitals. The Thrashers forward was not penalized for the blow to the head, but was sent to the box after his post-whistle scrum with Shaone Morrisonn:
It's true I felt the same way when I say that hit; Armstrong is famous for catching players in vulnerable positions and laying questionable devastating hits on them. I watched two games last night and saw two hits that the NHL wants to eliminate. It doesn't appear that the players are getting the message or have even watched the video on the hits to the head. You can lay someone out with a clean devastating hit without head hunting them and trying to take them out.
BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the hit on Genoway in that the was a ref standing right there, and it was ignored.

    They need to start disciplining officials for poor performance, in the NHL, and the WCHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That did remind me of the Genoway hit as well. That is the first thing that I thought of when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete