Tuesday, August 18, 2009

KPD on Kessel.

When ever I read an article from Kevin Paul Dupont I almost have to wonder what is his agenda is? If I was Kessel I would think twice about what I say to this guy. It would be interesting to know if he actually said that or was his quote taken out of context. From everything I have read Phil sounds like he is happy to be in Boston. In a way it almost seems that KPD is trying to push their young star player out of town.
Kessel underwent surgery to repair a torn left rotator cuff some 12-1/2 weeks ago. He said he has some 95 percent of the joint's range of motion back and is now working on recovering strength in the shoulder and his entire upper body. He also said he is about a month away from getting back on skates, which would peg his return to the ice at about when NHL
camps open. The Bruins open up their camp Sept. 12 at the Garden.

Meanwhile, Kessel still has not come to contract terms on a new deal with the Bruins. He remains a restricted free agent, calling his current talks between his agent, Wade Arnott, and Boston GM Peter Chiarelli "a stalemate.''

''I don't know what is going to happen, to tell you the truth,'' he said. ''It will be interesting, I think. I am not disappointed or anything because, obviously, it's is a business for [the Bruins]. It is kind of like we are at a standstill, and I think it can go either way at this point.''

One way or the other, added Kessel, he will have a new contract by the Oct. 1 start of the 2009-10 NHL season. He is not sure it will be with the Bruins.

''Rumors happen all the time,'' said Kessel, asked about the late-June trade talks between the Bruins and Maple Leafs, in which the Bruins believed they had a deal consummated to ship him to Toronto for Tomas Kaberle. ''You hear rumors about a lot of guys. I wasn't too worried. If you get traded, you go to that team and do what you can for them -- it's a
business.'' [Boston Globe Sports]



BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment