Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Giddy?!?


Number "4" to the Vikes, I was disappointed when it I thought all chances of Favre coming to the Vikings had gone up in smoke, however, yesterday I was given a glimmer of hope as I listened to KFAN and P.A. on the shows podcast.

Since there isn't much for hockey news going on right now and hockey season is still about 47 days away this great news kind of fills the void that is college and NHL hockey right now. This is almost as good of news as Duncan returning to the Sioux for his senior year or Martin Havlat to the Wild.

Now I am hoping as a Vikings fans that we finally can be done with the Tarvaris Jackson experiment that hasn't worked. Word to the Vikings management, if you can trade Jackson for a duffel bag of footballs and a couple of Nike cleats go ahead and make the deal, he isn't the answer to our problems and keeping T-Jac on the roster does nothing positive for the Vikes. T-Jac is an awesome physical specimen with a two cent brain and talks like he has a box of rocks in his mouth.

Let me break this down further; I think the final straw that broke the camels back was last year during the NFL playoff game against the Eagles where Jackson was exposed, he couldn't react to the Eagles pressure blitzes and when a team puts 8 in the box and you can't find an open receiver or your team can't run the ball your not going to win a big game or possibly any football games. That all changes with Favre under center for the Vikings because that means that Adrian "All Day Peterson" baring injury could run for 2000 yards because you have the Vikings now have multiple threats to throw at your opposition. Hey! Go ahead and blitz because someone is open in the defensive back field.

*Booty wearing #9 on practice field. Skol Vikes

It's Official Favre's A Viking, By Mark Memmott ------- "Brett Favre is on the field ... it's official," KARE-TV's sports writer Dave Schwartz just tweeted.

That would be future Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre and the field would be at the practice facility of the Minnesota Vikings, where the former Packer (and, for one year, a New York Jet) is joining a team that his old fans in Green Bay will just hate to see him with.

According to the Star Tribune, the guy who was wearing No. 4 (Favre's number) has already given it up. Backup quarterback John David Booty probably wasn't going to be seeing much action anyway, so No. 9 will be fine for him.

BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Favre is a bag of shit. He is right everything is about him and has been for a long time. I've never seen a more self obsessed NFL QB than #4, and I use to love the guy too. You don't retire and tell a team to move on, then come back in a few months after they moved on and expect your job back, and then when you don't get it back, cry and moan to every media outlet like a four year old w/ a soiled diaper.

    I'm sorry you are a Vikings fan Goon, I hope you enjoy watching Favre's record INT number to continue to rise this season.

    For the record, I'm not a Packers fan even though I grew up 45 minutes south of Lambeau.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Gandalf I am a big time Vikings fan. I always said that Favre would make a great viking. Now I just hope I do get my heart broken.

    ReplyDelete