Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gopher fans are you worried?

From everything I have read this week; I think if Jordan Schroeder was offered the entry level max, I think there is a good chance Schroeder might sign it. Seriously, I mean read the things Schroeder is saying. Schroeder isn't ruling out signing, he isn't ruling out returning either. Interesting statements from him, if I was a Gopher's fan I would be a little nervous about Schroeder until he is in the line opening night.
Schroeder's father John is paying the shot for him to attend the Canucks camp to protect his NCAA eligibility. Schroeder, 19 on Sept. 29, is determined to get his (dad's) money's worth.

"I wanted to come here and show the organization that I'm very interested [in them] and to pay my dues even though it cost our family," he said. "Paying our way up here was worth it. Seeing the city and getting to know all the prospects was definitely worth it."

Schroeder will almost certainly return to the Golden Gophers for another season and, if so, he won't be attending full rookie and main camp in September. After that, who knows? The Canucks could come calling with a contract offer at any time.
[ The Vancouver Sun]



BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment