Sunday, July 12, 2009

Gaborik setting his goals high.

I think most Wild fans are probably rolling their eyes when they hear Gaborik talk about how he is going to score a bunch of goals during this up coming season. Then all you have to do is look at his list of injuries and if Cornelius Hardenbergh's math is right Gabby has missed 154 games during his NHL Hockey career.
"I'm not worried about that, though. I don't think it will be a problem."

Gaborik scored 13 goals in 17 games for the Wild while missing most of last season with a labrum injury that was surgically repaired on Jan. 5 by Dr. Marc Philippon. Entering what should be his prime years, the 27-year-old winger has scored 123 goals in 207 games over the last four years. That equates to an 82-game pace of 49 goals.

"I'm very confident that the problems with my health are in the past and that if I'm healthy, I can produce the way I expect to," said Gaborik, who traveled here from his home in Trencin, Slovakia, to search for an apartment in Manhattan.

"This is going to be a big change for me after only playing in Minnesota for [eight] years, but I'm very excited about the challenge. I'm going to try to do what I do best, which is to try to make a difference on the ice every time I'm out there.

"I try to be the best player every game." [New York Post]




BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. dude's got wheels...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to Torts' conditioning practices putting Gaborik out for the first 10 games of the season.

    I fear that he'll be healthy all season and absolutely light it up for New York.

    ReplyDelete