Sunday, June 07, 2009

Huh, he said what?

This is what the game of professional hockey has degraded to? Nah! I just swung my stick at the puck and just happened to hit his injured foot. Oops.
DETROIT -- Pittsburgh forward Maxime Talbot said he wasn't deliberately targeting Pavel Datsyuk's injured foot when he slashed the Detroit Red Wings forward in the skate during the Penguins' second-period meltdown Saturday.

"He can say whatever he wants,'' Talbot said. "I went for the puck and his foot was there.''

Datsyuk actually didn't accuse him of that, saying he didn't know if Talbot was targeting his foot.

"I don't know,'' Datsyuk said. "I'm happy (Penguins) have penalty, five-on-three.''

Red Wings coach Mike Babcock would not comment on it.

"The bottom line is they're doing what they can to win and we're doing what we can to win,'' Babcock said.

Said Penguins coach Dan Bylsma: "Max is a physical player and it's not the only check he finished tonight. I don't even know what foot it is for Pavel.''

The Penguins lost their composure in the second period and started hacking and whacking anything in red and white



BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment