Thursday, April 09, 2009

Wild Season just about over.

I am going to have to say that it's over for the Wild dead man walking.

Team Pts Games remaining

6. Columbus 92 2 @StL, vs. Wild
7. Anaheim 88 2 vs. Dal, @Phx.
8. St. Louis 88 2 vs. Clb., @Colo.
9. Nashville 86 2 @Det., @Wild
10. Wild 85 2 vs. Nash., @Clb.

While mathematically the Wild are still alive; I don't see St. Louis losing to the Av's nor do I see the Ducks losing two games either especially when the two team they play are really bad. So I think we can finally start kicking dirt on the Wild season. Note to owner Craig Leipold please tell Doug Risebrough he is fired and tell him to pack up his thing. Risebrough is one of the major reasons this team sucks and no free agents want to play here. If think I am being silly look at the development of James Sheppard and Colton Gillies how is that working out for the Wild?

2 comments:

  1. Columbus has clinched for the first time in their 9-year franchise history. I've heard that the Columbus area of Ohio is in mayhem lately and very excited to watch their team participate for the Stanley Cup this time around. I'm happy for them. I don't think the Wild are dead yet. Two things need to happen for sure for them to have a chance: they have to beat Nashville on Friday and Columbus has to beat St Louis. That would put them 1 point back of 8th place with one game left. I bet if you asked any Wild fan if they liked their chances in that sitation, they'd say yes (even though it's not a very good chance).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goonster, sorry the Wild are done for. WCHA is hopeful, but St Louis is going to run up to 6th in standings. I don't see Columbus beating STL in STL.. (Has he seen their captain get laid out recently? haha)

    Would be great if the Wild beat CBJ in the last game of the year though to help the Blues!

    ReplyDelete