Monday, February 02, 2009

Leahy not impressed with Bruins announcers.


Sean Leahy of Puck Daddy isn't impressed with the announcers from NESN during the call of this fight. Personally, being a Bruins fan I think it is funny. I also like how Jack Edwards makes fun of the God awful hideous jerseys that Montreal is wearing.

I suppose if you're not a Bruins fans I could see how maybe the former Bruins player and UNH star Andy Brickley and Jack Edwards might be grating on your nerves. I think this broadcast team is better than Fred Cusack and Derek Sanderson aka "the Turk" from days past. I find the guys from the Anaheim Ducks to be the worse. In college Hockey a lot of Fighting Sioux fans feel the same way about the Wooger and the Rug from the Gophers broadcast crew on FSN.
Puck Daddy's favorite homer announcer, Jack Edwards of New England's NESN, was at it again yesterday during the Boston-Montreal matinee when Shawn Thornton and Alex Henry squared off just over a minute into the game.

While the Canadiens were wearing throwback jersey's that Edwards called "your grandfathers pajamas," he added another memorable call to his illustrious homer-announcing career:

2 comments:

  1. Actually, I used to hate Edwards and his calls, but now have grown to love his passionate homerism to the point where it's highly entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to get used to him as well. Even as a bruins fan. I like Brickley from his Bruins days.

    ReplyDelete