Friday, January 30, 2009

More victimology from the DU press

Brad Elliott Schlossman had this gem linked on his blog this morning. You have to wonder if Mike Chambers is being serious? Again we see another theme here, the big bad Sioux with their arena full of rowdy blood thirsty fans. Those awful fans on the internet as well. I guess I am guilty eh?

I think it is kind of funny to see the Denver Pioneers play the victim card. I also think it's funny that the Denver hockey team is refering to taking a point out of last weekend's series as a moral victory. This is the same series where they were destroyed 8-3 the first night. DU is a better team that than that.
North Dakota nightmare lingering for Pioneers
By Mike Chambers
After all, the DU players could be concentrating more on their bizarre one-point series last weekend at North Dakota than on what might unfold tonight and Saturday.

The Pioneers, however, say the baggage they brought home from Grand Forks — the bumps and bruises, the Internet ridicule and ensuing suspension of coach George Gwozdecky, plus the mental exhaustion — will be keepsake items the rest of the season.

If DU's old mascot, Boone, were around, he wouldn't need any help circling the wagons. Thanks to North Dakota and the nasty environment it promotes, the Pioneers seem to be in a good place to begin their final 10-game, regular-season stretch run.

"Absolutely, there is no doubt we're a better team because of all the crazy stuff last weekend," DU junior center Tyler Ruegsegger said.

Said senior captain J.P. Testwuide: "We dealt with a lot of challenges that will help us down the stretch. The crowd and the testiness of those games was a good experience, and absolutely, we feel great about how we came out of it."

8 comments:

  1. If Denver U thought the crowd was hostile last weekend, just wait until next time they come to town...

    ReplyDelete
  2. they have AA tonight, right? move on and quit embarrassing yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont' see UAA taking any points (0)from DU this weekend. I would have a hard time chearing for either team. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goon, two things.

    First of all I'm not so sure that Dumbver isn't ripe for the picking. If they're still whining about last weekend AA has a chance, although it would be a large upset.

    Secondly with the standings where they are I think we have to pull for the Seawolves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I said on Siouxsports.com. Serve me up some crow if it happens but I don't see anyway that DU gets beat by UAA this weekend. DU is the best team that I have seen UND play this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never say the BU game but I am sure they are awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete