Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Devils Goalie out for 3-4 months.

I just saw this over on the illegal curve. Yikes, this is bad news for the New Jersey Devils. It is no mystery that Martin Brodeur is the face and bedrock of the New Jersey Devil's franchise. It will be interesting to see how Steven Weeks does over the next 3-4 months.
TSN-- Martin Brodeur's assault on the record book will be put on hold as the Devils' goalkeeper will undergo surgery to repair torn bicep tendons and will be out of the lineup for up to four months.

''This Thursday morning, Martin Brodeur will undergo surgery to repair the distal bicep in the left elbow," Devils president, CEO and general manager Lou Lamriello said in a statement.

''We will not have any further comment or update until after the surgery is complete.''

6 comments:

  1. I was amazed at the low attendance at the Devils game last night. Anyone think the Khabi may be making his way towards NJ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to wonder if he is? But, hasn't he played quite a bit this season? I watched the Hawks play the other night where he got a shutout...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Turco, I can't remember where I read this, but someone was saying Turco's being shopped, and Devils would be interested for this year only, then he gets shipped to St Louis, as Mason is the only 1 they have for next year next to Big Ben Bishop, who they think is 2-3 years out?

    Also how weird would it be if Lammy makes his NHL start before Jordan Parise?? Well the Blues are 1 more injury away, as they are dressing Chris Holt, who is the split starting goalie up in Alaska with Lammy.

    Also where is J-Par? I figured I'd hear his name mentioned in any of the message boards I read about this injury?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can anyone be amazed at low attendance at a Devils game?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually with a new arena I would tink there would be more people, I saw the virtual tour on it and it is impressive place.

    The economy is bad and I am sure that New Jersey is feeling the affects of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With my man Brodeur injuried, it could be possible that I might end up owing some people some drinks come seasons end.

    I was looking forward to seeing him break Roy's most wins record, but that will have to what until this spring :(

    hey, my word verification is
    guoducke - pronounced Go Ducky !

    ReplyDelete