Sunday, October 12, 2008

Unacceptable; Sioux lose two on the weekend.



While I don't think the sky is falling just yet, I am concerned about the lack of focus from this past weekend.

While I didn't see Saturday's game or listen to it on the radio, just looking at the stats this past weekend I see a few disturbing trends, that can't happen if the Sioux are going to be successful this season. Ryan Ducnan one point on the weekend, that folks is unacceptable for a senior leader,, especially one that is wearing a letter. Also, what makes me more upset is a goaltender giving up three goals on 16 shots, that is totally unacceptable. Question; where the hell are the defensemen? The front of the net is your office and you own it, lets start playing tough. Lets get dirty and regain what is ours. Play with pride when you wear the Fighting Sioux uniform. Losing a game to the UMass Minutemen is also unacceptable. This isn't some crappy 7th place team in the WCHA this is the University of North Dakota.

Maybe I am glad that I didn't get to listen to this game since I was at a wedding standing up for my buddy as a groomsman. After I got back to the hotel from the church, I was on line checking out the results to the game when Sioux_7 called me on me cell and told me to get my ass down to the reception, oops.

I know there are a lot of young players on this years team and if we play this way against the Mav's they are going to bury the uninspired Sioux.
Goals Scoring/Penalties Time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Period (20:00)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMA 1 - 0 6x6 Topher Bevis (1) (Cory Quirk, Alex Berry) 3:57
UMA (+): 5,12,24,6,19,G33
NDK-1 Evan Trupp (2-Interference) UMA 0x1 5:06
NDK 1 - 1 6x6 Ryan Martens (1) (Matt Watkins, Darcy Zajac) 8:40
NDK (+): 8,25,20,11,6,G30 UMA (-): 9,22,20,25,2,G33
NDK-2 Andrew Kozek (2-Slashing) UMA 1x2 13:05
UMA 2 - 1 6x5 PP LL James Marcou (1) (Alex Berry, Justin Braun) 13:55
UMA: 19,27,24,11,12,G33 NDK: 16,29,25,6,G30
UMA-1 Jordan Virtue (2-Hooking) NDK 0x1 14:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Period (20:00)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMA-2 Alex Berry (2-HITTING AFTER WHISTLE) NDK 0x2 2:57
NDK-3 Joe Finley (2-Boarding) UMA 1x3 6:30
UMA-3 Chris Davis (2-Tripping) NDK 0x3 11:10
NDK-4 Chris VandeVelde (2-Slashing) UMA 2x4 13:23
UMA 3 - 1 6x5 PP GW James Marcou (2) (Cory Quirk, Alex Berry) 14:07
UMA: 12,27,24,11,19,G33 NDK: 19,17,4,25,G30
UMA-4 Jordan Virtue (2-Holding) NDK 0x4 17:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3rd Period (20:00)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMA-5 Kevin Kessler (2-Elbowing) NDK 1x5 5:26
NDK 2 - 3 6x5 PP Chris VandeVelde (1) (Chay Genoway, Ryan Duncan) 7:22
NDK: 3,5,16,29,25,G30 UMA: 2,11,7,27,G33
UMA-6 Cory Quirk (2-O-INTERFERENCE) NDK 1x6 15:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
End of Game

10 comments:

  1. I can only hope they were playing uninspired and right the ship quickly. I think they will pull the heads out next weekend. Thanks Goon, we'll keep our heads up. Go Sioux!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For full disclosure I'm a Sioux fan, but could they really be 0-4 going into their first home game? I think they will get a win next weekend but I guess it's possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "After I got back to the hotel from the church, I was on line checking out the results to the game when Sioux_7 called me on me cell and told me to get my ass down to the reception, oops. "

    Hilarious! Goon, you can't skip out when you've got actual duties, people notice.

    Also, Topher Bevis is a dumb ass name.

    The word verification is "JJ to AJ." JJ is my brother in law's name and AJ is my husband's name. How weird is that???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry Goon, Michigan Tech sucks too. If you have trouble dealing with the pain and suffering, just talk to one of us and we can help you through it

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Goon jumps off the bus.

    And what the heck was your buddy doing getting married during hockey season anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goon, as usual I just treat the first half of the Sioux season as preseason.. If they win its awesome, if they lose it doesn't matter because its still just the 1st half!
    As for the 2nd half, well, Schlossy and everyone else who follows college hockey knows what happens! lol (Hopefully 5th times a charm!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got married during the hockey season! That means HOCKEY HONEYMOON which meant I could be in Duluth with my true loves...
    Also tUMD happened to totally shit the bed that weekend against CC so it didn't matter that I was missing the games. Although I was standing out in the parking lot of the reception place in my wedding dress screaming at MEg to get me a score update.

    ReplyDelete
  8. RWD, LOL, by daughters name is A.J. too Abby Jo. I like the initials AJ as well...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry Whistler, I aint jumping off any bus or off of anything else. I am disappointed that Hak's teams are again failing to show up in an important series. I just hope they win against the other NON conference teams.

    ReplyDelete