Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tim Conboy vs Steve Downie; ouch he bit me...


The Rink Rat gave me a heads up on this fight video. First of all, I can't believe that I had missed this story and not heard about this one until this evening.

Check out the fight video, typical Downie stuff hacking someone with his stick. That guy will get his someday. Honestly, I have to say that Steve Downie is a disgrace to the game of hockey and one of the biggest hacks to ever play the game and I love watching him get pounded on.

That being said apparently we are going to have to send Tim Conboy to get his rabies shots because it is alleged that Conboy bit Steve Downie on the hand actually drawing blood and leaving teeth marks. Yeah; that's right, Tim Conboy bit super hack Steve Downie on the hand. Since when did hockey players start acting like a bunch of 5 year old girls? I would be willing to bet this isn't the last time we hear about this.


Have a bite?

The AHL should be looking into a suspension for Albany River Rats captain Tim Conboy, who was assessed a fighting major, instigation and unsportsmanlike minors, a game misconduct for instigating and a game misconduct for "persisting in a fight," following a high-sticking incident and fight with Steve Downie during the Phantoms' 3-0 win Saturday afternoon.
"I've never heard of [persisting] in a fight before," said Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren. "The report I got was that [Conboy] bit Downie on the hand. He had blood and teeth marks on his hand."

2 comments: