Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sioux players support the shootout.

I would have seen this article a little earlier today if my paper boy from the Grand Forks Herald had delivered my paper on time; I got the last three days papers today. Naturally I am not a happy camper. I actually had to call the Herald office today and ask them why they hadn’t delivered it in the last three days. I wanted to ask the lady to remind me why it is beneficial to pay for a newspaper I can’t read because it didn’t show up at my door.

The only reason that I get the Grand Forks Herald because I like their sports page the rest of it is basically AP stories and garbage. The Herald is a good way to follow Fighting Sioux sports, especially hockey. Incidentally, Brad has a really neat article on the shootout and how the Sioux players are for it.

Sioux would support shootout
Brad Elliott Schlossman --- Grand Forks Herald
Western Collegiate Hockey Association coaches largely have been against the shootout. Minnesota coach Don Lucia and Denver coach George Gwozdecky used the WCHA’s annual media conference call as a platform to voice their opposition to the shootout.

But not everyone feels that way.

UND coach Dave Hakstol said he thinks shootouts would be good for the league. His players agree.

“It’s unfortunate we’re not using the shootout in the WCHA this year,” Hakstol said. “I think it’s going to be a real source of excitement in the other leagues. It is in the NHL. You can debate up and down the subject as to whether it is legitimate or good for the standings. One thing that can’t be debated is that it’s exciting for the fans.”

Hey Lucia we get it, you don't like the shoot out.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder why Hak would support the shootout with the goalie situation so uncertain in GF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sioux practice the shootout in practice all the time it is a tradition.

    I don’t' think UND is as bad in net as some have claimed, if I remember right even the mighty Stalock (sp) had some tough games his rookie year. Look how good Stalock has turned out to be. I believe that Brad E will be ok. Hak just has to stop experimenting with Walski in net.

    ReplyDelete