Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Weekend Games (Sioux 7)

Since Halloween is this weekend it is nice that all the college hockey fans will be treated, not tricked, with some old WCHA rivalries and some new rivalries too. So lets take a look at the game candy we will be eating up, yum yum yum.


Lets start out with the CC-DU series this weekend. CC and DU enter this Friday Sunday series with 2-0 league records and 4-0-2 and 4-1-0 overall records respectively. CC is currently ranked #1 and DU is #4 in the latest USCHO poll. This also is their battle for the GOLD PAN, well 2 of the 4 games, with the winner at the end of the season receiving the GP for the series winner. Both teams are playing well early this season, and not seeing either of them play yet, I will call this one a split, the home team wins game.


The next big rivaly that will be renewed this season is UW at UND for pair of contests. Both the Badgers and Sioux are off to "slow" starts, but UND showed some signs of life against MSUM with a third period rally with four goals. The Badgers are giving up a slug of goals (30 goals in 6 games) this season, which in not their M.O. I think the woes for the faithful in Madison will get down right scary after the halloween weekend. UND will not be giving the Badgers any candy this weekend, they will play trick on them and take four points. You can almost hear the screams coming from Wisconsin already.


#12 MSUM vs #5 UM - I think it is safe to say that the Mavericks will want some revenge, to put it mildly, after last years play-off series with the Gophers. This is a goofy set up, one game at Mariucci arena (UM's home game) and one at the Xcel center (MSUM's home game). I wonder why the decided to have their home game away from the friendly confines of the Alltel center? Money? I think this should be one hellava series, MSUM owns a 3-1-0 record and UM has a 3-0-1 record. I like the way MSUM is playing right now and UM is doing well too, but I'm taking MSUM to take 3 points this weekend.


UAA at MTU - UFF-DA, thats my norweign side coming out. This series could go along way for either one of these teams is they can get a sweep, the four points are critical. I know it is early in the season, but if one, or both, of these teams wants to avoid a bottom half finish they need points. I'm hoping Alaska can prove me wrong with picking them to finish tenth. The Seawolves are actually putting some goals up on the board, and thats what the doctor ordered for them, so the medicine is working so far. So, here is my "upset" special of the week, the Huskies in Houghton accidentally give all their candy to the Seawolves (sorry MeanEGirl).


SCSU and UMD have the weekend off

5 comments:

  1. Remember to blame Sioux7 on this one. Donna said your dead now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ZOMG~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    WE DO NOT HAVE THE WEEKEND OFF!!!! FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!! YOU ARE DEAD TO MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Lol Goon I love that you caught that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donn, SCSU and UMD play on the first of November. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH -- MY -- GOD DONN! You're in BIG TROUBLE! I do not believe in the jynx that Donna speaks of - yet! But if our teams play like SHIT, Donna and I will beat you. You should be very afraid!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOPS, I forgot, the SCSU v UMD on Saturday. That the "Minnesota Hockey Showcase" I must have missed it since it is just a "one game series". I will pick SCSU to win this one, I think they looked good against UM. And since I'm a dead-man on Halloween now, I might as well relish the part :)

    ReplyDelete