Sunday, October 05, 2008

No Sioux on the 2008-09 Preseason All-CHN Team

CHN released their all-CHN team. I don't have a problem with these teams for most but I guess I would have to say that I am shocked that James vanRiemsdhyke or Colin Wilson not being on one of the first two teams is kind of puzzling, but each his own. I expect huge things out both of these two sophmores. I think one could also make the same case for Duncan or Roe. Oh well.
Players to Watch
F - Ryan Duncan, Sr., North Dakota - 2007 Hobey Baker Award winner, has put up the numbers in the past, now he must lead.
F - Colin Wilson, So., Boston University - The highest pick among college players in last June's NHL Draft, decided to stay in school when Nashville could not assure him an NHL spot.
F - Garrett Roe, So., St. Cloud - Petered out near the end of last season, after putting up big numbers.
F - James vanRiemsdyk, So., New Hampshire - Decided to stick around in college, the highest NHL pick to do so. Really picked up his game towards the end of last season, has the potential to be dominant.

6 comments:

  1. Duncan is possibly the most over-rated player in college hockey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come one now... Heck last year still Duncan almost scored as many points as the top three UMD Bull Dog points getters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised Duncan got left off as well. He looked pretty good against Manitoba tonight. Granted it was just Manitoba but it's a good start nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, he had some great linemates, didn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even I could put up points skating with Wayne Gretzky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boosh I am not so sure that rank Amateurs like us could score that many goals even with Oshie and Toews. I haven't putthe skates on since my undergraduate days in 1995.

    ReplyDelete