Saturday, April 05, 2008

March 6th 2008 Andy Strickland interview with T.J. Oshie.

I have not seen this posted anywhere. Fighting Sioux forward, T.J. Oshie was on with Andy Strickland of AM 1380 From St Louis, March 6th 2008. Keep in mind that Strickland has always been in the camp of get T.J. to St Louis right away. After the Sioux get number 8 then the Blue can have him.

Recap from T.J. Oshie:

-Difference in UND from the beginning of season when they were struggling to now, "We had a couple of injuries and the bounces weren’t going our way. Now we are getting the bounces and getting the puck in the net and things are going well."

-Is this year's team as good as last season's, "I’m not sure, we are a different team and it is hard to say. We have other guys stepping up this year and we are on the better run this season than we were last season."

-Do you have any regret on going back to college this season to play for UND, "No regret at all. I am having the time of my life here and I am enjoying every minute of it. It is a blast and I have not once second guess my decision."

-On his health, "I am 100 percent. I had a hip injury but that is fully healed now and I am playing fully healthy right now."

-On if he catches himself watching more NHL hockey and the Blues, "Actually, I don't watch much hockey on television. I am coming around now though because it is fun watching the Blues and watching other guys in the league that I have played with. I don't like watching hockey on TV because it gets me going too much and it makes me just want to go out and play."

-On if he thinks he can make an immediate impact in the NHL whenever he decides to go pro, "I think I can. I will have to improve my strength, as well as my puck control and my vision on the ice. A couple of things that I have really been focusing on this season is becoming a better player on faceoffs and concentrating on my defensive play in our own zone."

-On leaving UND and playing for the Blues next season, "I have not made a decision yet. I am just focusing on the present and taking everything day by day. I haven't really thought about it too much and I am just blocking it out of my mind and focusing on what I am doing here with UND. When it is time to make the that decision I will, but the time to make that decision is not now. It would be unfair to my team if I did not focus 100 percent of my attention on my play here at North Dakota." (I love that answer all class right now I am playing for UND and concentrating on playing for the Sioux.)

-On UND's chances of winning the Frozen Four and being national champions, "I like our chances and it is the goal we have been striving for since the first day of practice. We just have to keep improving as a team and play up to our team's potential."

-On the rivalry with the University of Minnesota, "I am friends with most of the guys on Minnesota's team. But when we get on the ice, it is a big rivalry and with the emotions, it can get pretty heated out there."

No comments:

Post a Comment