Saturday, April 05, 2008

Is Wheeler going to sign?


I found this little news nugget while I was over on HockeyBuzz.com checking out some of the posts that were in the fan forums when I stumbled across this blurb on Blake Wheeler. Personally it wouldn't shock me or probably anyone else, since even Minnesota Gophers head coach Don Lucia said on the PA and Dubay that he wouldn't be surprised if Wheeler signed a professional contract after this season. Here is a blog post that I found on the subject by the coyoteshipcheck blog.

Fan question: What is the status of Blake Wheeler?

General Manager, Don Maloney: right now we are not making much headway towards getting Blake signed but we are talking to his agent. Wheeler is very much a prospect, not someone we see as coming to the big club straight off and making an impact. He’s a very good prospect and we will continue to try to get him signed. If the contract doesn’t get done we have a *5th round* pick coming our way and that is good for the team too. *gotta confirm the exact pick… * probably like 2nd round (31st , or so pick)

4 comments:

  1. Does it seem like Sioux prospects have been far better than Gopher prospects (exception Vanek) Potulny is a great example, considering he was going to be a stud in the NHL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till little Toews shows up next season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry goon, but I specifically meant, Sioux prospects once getting to the NHL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I meant David Toews. Jon Toews is already in the NHL but I think your right that UND recruits are better once they hit the NHL Vanek is an exception and not the rule.

    ReplyDelete