Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This weeks picks: Misc Ramblings/Rants

Last week one could say that I had trouble with my picks, in fact I had a reverse crystal ball. If I picked your team to win you lost and vice versa. The only pick I was right on was the Sioux and UAA, not that was all that difficult of a pick, the Seawolves had only won two games in WCHA action.

I am not sure if my picking the SCSU to beat the MSU-M Mavericks jinxed the SCSU Huskies or not. I just want to let Heather from WinTwins blog know that it wasn't done on purpose, or with malice. I am sure that she is also in mourning today as the Minnesota Twinkies traded away all-star pitcher Johan Santana. Another botched pick was MTU and C.C.; honestly, I didn't see MTU beating beating the C.C. Tigers but hey I am not going to complain either. Big win for the Huskies, I am thinking they might come back to the pack a little in the second half. Fast forward to this weekend; I also don't see the Huskies losing to the UAA Seawolves, Why? I have a beer riding on that game with Sioux7. Logic tells me that UND should beat the Gophers but I won't be shocked with a couple of sister kissing or a split.

Friday:
Michigan Tech at Alaska-Anchorage - MTU
Denver at Minnesota State - DU
North Dakota at Minnesota - Sioux
Minnesota-Duluth at Wisconsin - Badgers
Clarkson at Colorado College - Tigers

Saturday:
Michigan Tech at Alaska-Anchorage - TIE
Denver at Minnesota State - DU
North Dakota at Minnesota - Sioux
Minnesota-Duluth at Wisconsin - Bulldogs
Clarkson at Colorado College - Tigers

Last week 3-7
For the Season 85-59

5 comments:

  1. Anchorage is taking at least two points this weekend. Mark that down.

    We play the ranked teams hard but always have issues with the teams we shouldn't have issues with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so on USCHO.com I have them tieing but I figure you should sweep. Feel it, my preditions are feeling the vibes this weekend.

    I hope your team wins I have a beer on it. So are the MTU hockey fans going to UAA this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess everyone around this place thinks that on-ice scumbag Gerbe should be the Hobey winner this year

    If you don't, go to

    http://gerbe-for-hobey.blogspot.com/

    Hey Goon, how 'bout a link in your next post encouraging people to scuttle the Gerbe-for-Hobey trash barge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken I sent you an email.
    We might be able to do something. I always though Gerbe was a punk or a little troll, kind of like Gionta.

    Hey at least we have something in common we both hate B.C. how do you feel about the Goofs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're feelings are off, Goon.

    And if I'm wrong (although I won't be), be sure to rub it in my face. And hard.

    I know my team. We play better than we should against teams that should be beating up on us... we choke over the not-as-good teams.

    ReplyDelete