Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Stats for Lucia.


Someone sent me this in a email today and brought this to my attention. Wow, at first I must admit that I didn't really pay attention to those graphs (I am qualitative guy), but after analyzing the numbers it would appear that the mighty have fallen substantially. Talk about a power outage; Goals per game around the 2005-2006 time frame was 4.12. Now fast forward to present day 2007 and that number has dropped to 2.5. Wow; that stat is eye popping, when your team known for offensive prowess is only scoring 2.5 goals per game there isn't much room for error. Then you look down in the Gopher net and see Frazee standing there, I can see how people would be concerned. Yikes!

Power play

Another bread and butter of the Gophers was their vaunted power play in 2006-2007 the Gophers were scoring at a 22.4% clip. In other words you wanted to stay out of the penalty box when your team was playing the Gophers. Fast forward to present day 2007 the Gophers are scoring at 11.6% clip on the power play. I guess that the refs are going to have to double the penalties against the Sioux this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think we should read too much into a one-year thing that's only a part of a season. What do you think? (Adam W. - CHN)

    ReplyDelete