Monday, October 15, 2007

The reason the Miller goal was waved off.


Kudos to the ND redfrog from Sioux Sports for posting this video. When this goal was first waved off I thought it was a brutal call (I was sober by the way not clouded by alcohol) but after reviewing this video I would say that video evidence proves that the refs made the right call. Far be it from me to want to compliment the refs.

Video replay shows that Kyle Radke definitely interfered with the MSU player in front of the net. I also wouldn't have been shocked if it had been ruled a good goal.

Two Ref System (EDIT)

This season the WCHA will be experimenting with the 2-and-2 officiating system during the 2007-08 season in about 60 games, in both the men's league and the women's league. (Thanks PCM for the correction) I personally think the two ref system is going to slow the flow of the game down and in essence your going to have a parade to the penalty box. Stay tuned as the season unfolds. I guess if the two ref system can work in the NHL, there is no reason this transition can't be successful in the WCHA/NCAA.

Speaking of horse bleep calls: here is the video of Oshie check from behind penalty while that should have been a penalty, it didn't warrent a 5 and a game in my opinion'.

No comments:

Post a Comment