Friday, October 19, 2007

Boring hockey

I found this over on article over on
Chris Dilk's blog:

Notre Dame hosted Denver tonight, in the first game of a two-game series. The game was moved to Thursday because Notre Dame's football team(and I use the term football team extremely loosely) has a football game to lose on Saturday.

Denver jumped out to a quick 1-0 lead off a Kyle Ostrow goal, and led 2-1 after the first period, but Notre Dame dominated the second period, outshooting Denver 9-3, and scoring twice to take the lead. Notre Dame extended their lead by a goal in the third period when freshman Ben Ryan scored on the powerplay. Denver answered back 32 seconds later, but could not get any closer.

Notre Dame goalie Jordan Pearce made 17 saves, while Denver's Peter Mannino made 14.


My first comment is is that the first period of hockey? That can not be for the whole game. My first though on that game was I thank God that I didn't have to watch that defense feast. Honestly, who likes to watch that type of hockey? I guess no one unless you are fan of the Wisconsin Badgers or the Cornell Big Red. Recently on Sioux Sports Redwing77 said that the Wild play a boring style of hockey. While appreciate Redwings's post I don't think he could be further from the truth. Check out the link below and then tell me how anyone can call the Wild hockey games boring hockey?




Ovechkin now has 100 goals for his short NHL career

Alexander Ovechkin got 100 goals in 167 games. For the people that aren't math wiz's, that is 100 goals in 2 season plus 7 games this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment