Saturday, June 02, 2007

Cool Stanley Cup Promo


This is a really cool Stanley Cup hockey promo that I found on line. In my opinion spring and early summer is the best time of the year. While some would say that Baseball is America's sport to me it is still second fiddle to NHL hockey and I usually don't even watch baseball until hockey is over. I mean it's not like there aren't enough games say about 162 of them. This time of year is awesome because of the Stanley Cup playoffs are winding down but also the fact that my golf game hasn't gone in the crapper yet. This video does bring back some great hockey memories of; Mark Messier, Raymond Bourque and Rod Brind'Amour. It won't be long until an another team will be drinking out of the Stanley Cup.

NBC Sucks

Speaking of network television. The Stanley Cup playoffs were supposed to be on NBC but KVLY out of Fargo had a telethon on instead of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Thank God for good ole CBC. It's no wonder that the NHL is a second rate sport in the states no one can watch it.

1 comment:

  1. I just wrote a letter/e-mail to them at kvly tv-11. I wonder what kind of response I will get. Here is what I wrote to them:


    I wanted to watch game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals on Saturday on NBC, but when I turned on the TV to watch it, it wasn’t on. Instead there was some fundraiser program on for the children’s hospital. I’m not saying it’s not a good cause, but would you do the same to the World Series, or the NBA Finals?



    Are you going to broadcast the rest of the Stanley Cup Finals? Or are you going to show the “Outrageous Moments” and then “Medium” tonight that is listed on the website?


    I will let you know if and what I get as a response.

    ReplyDelete