Monday, October 12, 2015

From the Delusional Department:

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I'd like to know how many of the people supporting Sundogs actually played some sort of organized sports?

If Sundogs ended up being the final selection, UND will be a laughing stock of the college athletics world. That's why I am ready to get this moving forward so we can stop these ridiculous letters to the editor. I'd also like to know who Ralph has been talking too.

It would be interesting to know how many of the people that support Sundogs are anti-Fighting Sioux nickname?

From the Grand Forks Herald editorial page:
I'm starting to think the Sundogs nickname might be the one chosen by a majority of UND voters in the coming vote.

Years ago, it was obvious the Sioux nickname was going to have to be abandoned. I spent a considerable amount of time thinking about a new nickname, one that would be unique, strong, powerful, reflective of North Dakota and UND, and easy to use with sporting events' cheers, slogans and logos.

In a letter I sent to the Herald in 2007, I suggested Sundogs. I also was among those who entered the name in the recent UND "contest," and was pleased but not surprised when it came out as one of the five finalists.

No comments:

Post a Comment