Thursday, November 01, 2012

Thursday links and tweets...



Good morning to you... It's day 47 of the NHL lockout and it looks like nothing is happening really... It looks like the NHLPA and the NHL Owners are talking but nothing really official or with any substance. Also, it appears that some of the players are starting to feel the pinch of the lockout and wondering if the lockout will kill their hockey careers.



This is what Shawn Thornton told Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com.
“I’m worried. Financially I’ve made some pretty good money the last couple of years. So I’m not hurting, but I’m definitely concerned that I don’t have any paychecks coming in at this point,” said Thornton. “For guys like me I have a few years left and I’m kind of caught in the middle and squeezed out on both sides. If this goes on for a year or two then I’m probably done and I have to go back to working for a living.

“That’s fine. I’ve done it before. I worked in a steel factory when I was younger. But on the other side I’d like to play out the last two years of my contract and be a little bit ahead after fighting 400 times over the last 15 years.”




According to some of the tweets that I have seen in my twitter feed today, It looks like Friday is the day that the Winter Classic gets cancelled. Also, no news is not good news...






Enhanced by Zemanta