Monday, November 12, 2012

This should remove any doubt.



If you look at the arrow you will see that the puck is behind the red line and there is day light between the red line and the puck. Also, I you watch the goalies stick you will see that the puck hits it behind the red line. This was a blown call by the officials.

First, I believe that a new rule needs to be enacted that requires the goalies water bottles to be secured on the somewhere on the back of the net where the water bottles don‘t obstruct the view of the overhead camera. Second, the technology needs to be better, if this is the best they can do as far as television pictures go, this is unacceptable. This is a screen shot of the video from the YouTube video that I uploaded from my personal movie camera. That being said, even with the poor video, you can see the puck behind the line.

I want to be clear, I don’t think this is the reason UND lost the game on Saturday night. Saturday night wasn’t the best effort I have seen so far this season. Also, SCSU is a good hockey team, so let’s give credit where credit is due. Given the history of this squad, I don’t think it’s time to jump off of the UND bandwagon just yet.

I also think that think is a perfect example on why I think that Don Adam was the wrong choice to be the head of officials in the NCHC starting next season. This is why many of us were very skeptical if not outright dismissive of the move when Adam was picked to be the head of the NCHC officials. I honestly don’t care if the vote was unanimous with all eight coaches or not, I think it was in retrospect a bad decision. Ironically, the song “How do you like me now” is playing the background as I type this.