Monday, July 23, 2012

Hakstol, 'Joe Gleason the epitome of a great teammate'



I don't know how any of us can think about hockey right now, when it's been this hot. I saw this video over on Brad Schlossman's blog and it got me thinking about Joe Gleason and his style of play - I call him the utility player because he does whatever is asked of him and has played every position but goal for the Fighting Sioux.

Recently, Gleason was at the Chicago Blackhawks prospects camp.

This is what UND head coach Dave Hakstol had to say when he was asked about Joe Gleason last season when asked about the junior forward's selfless play.
“Joe Gleason the epitome of a great teammate.”

“Joe is a proud guy and he obviously wants to play, he was recruited here as a defenseman, and both night this weekend he played defense, he played center and he played right wing. I guess I would describe it as invaluable in a team setting. He is doing whatever the teams needs, he not just going out and doing it, but going out and doing it well.”
Enhanced by Zemanta