Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spitfires still trying to lure Schmaltz

Windsor Spitfires
It looks like Bob Boughner and the Windsor Spitfires are up to their old tricks again - I guess they are still going to keep pushing and badgering Fighting Sioux incoming Freshman Jordan Schmaltz. Apparently, the Windsor Spit fires didn't get the memo or see the video where Schmaltz said that he's going to UND.
Jim Parker, Windsor Star --- At the NHL Draft Combine in Toronto, the 18-year-old Sieloff, who opted for the Spitfires over Miami of Ohio University, was asked if now he would try to convince fellow prospect Jordan Schmaltz to join him in Windsor.

"Yeah, I'll get on that," Sieloff said. "Definitely, (Schmaltz) would help. That would be a huge pairing for us."

Sieloff and Schmaltz were both NHL picks last week.

Schmaltz was taken in the first round with the 25th overall pick by the St. Louis Blues and Sieloff was selected in the second round with the 42nd pick by the Calgary Flames.

Schmaltz seems adamant he'll play for the University of North Dakota.

"One hundred per cent committed to North Dakota, I think it's going to be great for me," Schmaltz said at the NHL Combine.

Spitfires president and head coach Bob Boughner knows not every player drafted by his club will wind up coming.

You can watch the video again if you want hear what Schmaltz has to say about going to the University of North Dakota...
"Again, North Dakota's the place for me. I just don't think I'm NHL-ready right now, so I think it's that year or two, or maybe even three, to develop that's going to help me."
Enhanced by Zemanta