Saturday, February 25, 2012

Platinum edition – Shaking off the cobwebs on Saturday Afternoon



I really liked this post that was on twitter today. As most know, I am not a Canucks fan and I think with the addition of former Dallas forward Steve Ott to their roster only gives me more reasons to not like the Vancouver Canucks. As I have said in the past, I think that the Vancouver Canucks are one of the most "unlikeable teams" in the NHL, they are a team stuffed full of characters I have no problem  despising. This is also the team that employed Todd Bertuzzi at one time. Now you have a trio of losers, Alex Burrows, Steve Ott and Max LaPierre. 

I am not sure who is worse from that group of miss fits, but  Ott is also that guy that is the 
prototypical P.O.S. if you catch my drift. 

Breaking down the Zidlicky trade

You can mark me down as being happy with the deal. Love it.

The Minnesota Wild traded the disgruntled and overrated Marek Zidlicky, I also think the Wild got rid of a locker room distraction, that they don’t need going down the stretch.  In return for Zidlicky the Minnesota Wild get former Wild defenseman Kurtis Foster and also forwards Nick Palmieri and Stephane Veilleux. The kicker is the Wild will also get a second-round pick in 2012 draft.

I think it’s a smart move for the Wild because they get a decent defenseman and a third or fourth line forward that will do what-ever it takes to help the team win. I don’t know much about Nick Palmieri other than he is an American from New York and has played in 48 NHL games and has scored (9g-9a—18pts), it would seem that he will add some needed depth to the third or fourth line as well.  

During his NHL career, Zidlicky has scored 60 goals and added 238 assists. Zidlicky has also racked up  496 penalty minutes, in 548 games.

Enhanced by Zemanta