Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sharks' McGinn will not be suspended for hit on Rome.

Vancouver Sun Image
I believe that is the right decision by the NHL. Seriously, watching the game in time I thought the hit was barely worthy on a penalty. Just my humble opinion… In fact I was watching this game with my buddy and after the McGinn hit Rome he said, “play that hit back again” in watching the hit, I don’t think it warranted a five minute penalty. What do you think? I am sure there are Canucks fans that are upset with the hit, so what? The fact that the league reviewed this hit is a puzzler to me because there were worse hits that went un-penalized by the NHL Wheel of Justice during the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If you want to take a look at the hit you can click on the hit [on this link]
TSN.CA STAFF ---- There will be no supplementary discipline against San Jose forward Jamie McGinn, who received a major penalty for boarding and a game misconduct in the third period of Friday's Western Conference final.

McGinn had a hearing Saturday with NHL hockey operations, and learned he did not face a suspension after a review of the incident.

McGinn, who drew into the lineup after watching Games 1 and 2, received a five-minute boarding call for his hit on Vancouver Canucks defenceman Aaron Rome. Rome had to be helped off the ice after the hit and didn't return.

The Sharks trail the series 2-1 after winning a Conference Final game on home ice for the first time in franchise history.

Game 4 is Sunday in San Jose.