Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Milan Lucic hit on Jaroslav Spacek


First some disclosure I am a Boston Bruins fans, I am in now way condoning what Lucic did tonight, it was a bad hit and would get Lucic a game suspension during the regular season I have not doubt about it… In this case I think the hands of the NHL Disciplinarian(s) are tied; if the NHL didn't suspend Mike Richards for his dangerous hit on Tim Connolly there is no reason to believe that Bruins forward Milan Lucic will be suspended by the NHL for his hit.

If Lucic is suspended by the NHL then I do believe the Boston Bruins would have a legitimate complaint as well. What do you think is going to happen to Lucic? To the person that suggested that this one hit puts Lucic on par with Pen's Hack Matt Cooke, that suggestion is so far off the mark it's silly. Lucic doesn't have a history of making hits like this, Cooke has made a living doing these kinds of things.