Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Who should be player of the WCHA Year?

Who is the Player of the Year in the WCHA?
Matt Frattin, F, North Dakota
Drew Shore, F, Denver
Jack Connolly, F, UMD
Mike Connolly, F, UMD
Justin Schultz, D, Wisconsin
Drew LeBlanc, F, St. Cloud State
Jason Gregoire, F, North Dakota
Jordan George, F, Bemidji State
Justin Fontaine, F, Minnesota Duluth
Jason Zucker, F, Denver
Kent Patterson, G, UMN
  
pollcode.com free polls
The Media will be casting their votes for WCHA player of the year in the very near future. While I am not a member of the hockey media, I do think this is a discussion worth having. Now before some one from SCSU accuses me of being biased, yeah, "I always like that one." Duh! This is a blog written about fighting Sioux hockey and I have never once claimed that I am not biased. I make no bones about it; I believe that Matt Frattin is the best player in the WCHA this season… To use a sports cliché, Matt Frattin has been a man among boys this season, it is what it is. Tom Serratore had this to say about Matt Frattin, “He’s (Frattin) such a dangerous player and he showed why he’s probably going to be the WCHA player of the year.”

s/t to Bruce Ciskie for the link to the poll…