Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brett Hull blames T.J. Oshies teammates.

Sports Illustrated
I was reading this article in the stltoday.com tonight and I have to admit that I kind of agree with Brett Hull. You've thought that one of his teammates would've given him a call on his cell or stopped by the house to see if he is ok.
This afternoon, Hull said that he didn't want to speculate on why Blues forward T.J. Oshie missed Monday's practice, but the Hall of Famer does know where he would point the finger.

"I don't know what the reason is, why he missed," Hull said. "But to me, I put less blame on him and blame his teammates. When we played together ... (Kelly Chase), (Adam Oates) and (Brendan Shanahan) ... we took care of each other. That never would have happened. Someone would have been at his house getting him up and getting him to practice.

"So to me, I would blame more the teammates than I would him. You've got to take care of each other, especially that team. They're so young. They've got such an opportunity to bond together and be a great team. There's so much talent there. They've got to take care of each other in those situations off the ice."