Wednesday, January 19, 2011

PK Subban overtime winner


I am going to preface this with I am a Bruins fans and the Habs are as disgusting to me as the Minnesota Gophers, so excuse me for not being amused with P.K. Subban antics. While I do think P.K. Subban is an exciting young talent, what do you think Gordy Howe would have done to him if has celebrated like that in front of him? This is one thing I hate about hockey; there are players that celebrate like they have won the Stanley Cup on every goal. Act like you have been there before. Was P.K. Subban’s sniper gun celebration over the top?
TSN.com --- "I scored the goal, I did a celebration," said the 21-year-old rookie who has taken some heat for being cocky this season. "I wish I had just put my stick up, but that's something I've always dreamed of -- scoring the winner in overtime.

"It was a great moment, but the important thing is we got the two points."

It didn't bother the Flames, who not only erased a 4-0 Montreal lead but got an important point while playing their third game in four nights on the road. Calgary, trying to battle back into playoff position in the Western Conference, went 2-0-2 on a four-game road trip and have at least one point in five straight games.