Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A few things

This week the Fighting Sioux play the Colorado College and it looks like the Tigers freshman Jaden Schwartz will not be back from his injury until the Tigers play the UMD Bulldogs on the 25th and 26th of February. That is a big loss for the C.C. Tigers, before his injury Schwartz had (11g-15a-26 points) in 17 games.
Gazette.com ---Injured Colorado College freshman wing Jaden Schwartz would love to be on the ice, but for now he’ll have to sit in the World Arena press box to watch, learn and hope for a quick recovery from a fractured left ankle.

Schwartz said he hopes to practice as soon as three weeks from now, if not earlier.

“I’d love to say it’s ready right now,” he said during Saturday’s game. “Hopefully in three weeks I’ll be out there.”

After three weeks, building up strength and confidence in his repaired joint may take until just before the home series against Minnesota-Duluth.
This weeks "Bracketology"

The Badger hockey blog Sixty Minutes, No Alibis, No Regrets has their latest bracketology up, this week they have the Sioux in St. Louis.

East Regional (Bridgeport, Connecticut)
1 Yale vs 16 RIT
8. RPI vs 9 Notre Dame

Mid-West Regional (Green Bay, Wisconsin)
2 Minnesota-Duluth vs 15 Union
7 Wisconsin vs 11 Western Michigan

Northeast Regional (Manchester, New Hampshire)
4 Denver vs 13 Dartmouth
5 Boston College vs 10 New Hampshire

West Regional (St. Louis, Missouri)
3 North Dakota vs 14 Merrimack
6 Michigan vs 12 Nebraska-Omaha

Fire the coach!!!

Yesterday Brad Schlossman had an interesting post on his twitter account, it's rather amusing, there are some Sioux fans that actually that want the Universityhof North Dakota to fire Dave Hakstol.
@Schlossman
UND is first in nation in wins, third in Pairwise, 10-2-1 in last 13 & fans are having discussion on msg board about firing the coach.
----------------------------
@SchlossmanGF
You can't make this stuff up.

Hum! I guess I missed the "memo"

Yesterday I posted the article Wranglers Paukovich finally at peace because I liked the article and I thought the article actually showed a different side to a player that many of us thought was the villain for many years.

I never would have guess that such a mundane blog post about a feel good article would have gotten so much attention from some… After blogging for the last four years; you never really actually know what is going to be a bust or a success when you post a blog article, you never really know what is going to get a lot of attention and what wont. There are mornings when I get up and find my email blog full of emails of the responses to a blog post one of us has put up.

Moving forward, I also didn’t know there was a memorandum written and issued that said you can’t use a hit or incident from the past to illustrate a point, I guess I deleted that email. (Sarcasm meter should be on if it isn’t) I didn’t know mentioning a story about said incident is considered out of bounds. I guess my next question would be, who is the self appointed arbiter that makes these decisions?