Thursday, August 05, 2010

USHL Alumni Voices: Danny Kristo

s/t to Brad Schlossman. James D'Amanda, from USHL.com interviewed Fighting Sioux Danny Kristo and there are a few things that jumped out at me. As summer ends and the season approaches I am getting more excited about the up coming season.
What is your off-ice training like?

DK: Most of my teammates here at North Dakota are dedicated to off-ice training, so we pretty much have our whole team up here for the summer. We lift weights twice a week – legs twice a week and upper body twice a week – and one day of agility and sprints to work on speed and quickness. I mean, it would obviously be nice to be home for the summer, but if you are a committed athlete, there's no better place to work out than at your school. We have a great weight room and great facilities, so I live up here for the summer and make the most of it.
-----------------
So what's next for you? What are your career goals?

DK: Well, a lot of people have been asking me that lately, but basically, I want to focus day by day. We only lost two seniors last year [at UND] and we're all looking forward to next season. We're also pre-ranked #1 in the country, and we all want to win a national championship next year – bring the title to my home now in North Dakota. We just want to get better every day and live life to the fullest.
BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment