Friday, July 30, 2010

Wheeler signs one-year, $2.2 million contract

Former Golden Gopher Blake Wheeler has been resigned by the Boston Bruins for 2.2 million dollars. Holy Cow! That is a lot of money for a player that is 6'5" 205 that plays timid and as if he was 5'7" 175. Pardon my French the man is a wussy. Yawn! I think the Bruins are over paying him and I would have passed on him.
Boston - Blake Wheeler has signed his one-year, $2.2 million contract, officially putting him in the fold for 2010-11.

"Before the hearing, I was anxious, obviously," Wheeler said during a conference call. "You hear all the horror stories of different things that go on in those rooms. But once you're in there hearing both sides being argued, it was handled extremely professionally. Nothing was said in the room that I didn't already know myself. There were no low blows or anything like that taken by either side. It was handled extremely well. When the hearing was over, I felt great about it. I was really happy to be through that process."

Wheeler earned his $2.2 million arbitration award last night following his hearing on Tuesday.

"It is never a pleasant experience for either side to go to arbitration," GM Peter Chiarelli said in a statement. "However, as a manager, you know that the player will be under contract for the following year either way. We talked to Blake before and after the hearing and we are satisfied to have a good, young player under contract for another year."

BallHype: hype it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment