Friday, April 09, 2010

Championship Match-Up (by Sioux 7)

Well both the semi-final games turned into blow-outs. As Barry Melrose said, hopefully we will see a better contest on Saturday.

The Wisconsin drubbing of RIT is not too much of a shocker, poor Cinderella really got a beat down. When I got home from work and turned on the game, it was already 4-0 UW, and then it 5-0 about mid-way through the second, and I was off for a bicycle ride. When I returned home it was just about over, 8-1 Bucky destroys the Tigers.

Then I watched the UM-BC game, BC scored a PP goal with about 90 seconds left in the first period, to take a 1-0 lead. It was close until the second period when the Eagles scored a pair of quick goals to take a 3-0 lead. At that point, I was thinking Miami was done for, and it only got worse. The RedHawks could not find an answers to stop the small speedy Eagle players. The RedHawks scored to make it 3-1, but would eventually give up four more goals, and lose 7-1, ouch.

The Championship Game

Boston College Eagles (28-10-3) vs. Wisconsin Badgers (28-10-4)

Well looking at the records you cannot get much closer than these two teams, so hopefully it will be a close game. I hope it's a close game, watching blow-outs isn't fun, especially when its not your team handing it out. Both teams have Friday off to rest, however with the beatings they delivered, they both should be fresh for Saturday's game. It looks like it will be offense against offense in the championship game, so lets hope for a bunch of goals. Of course now they will prove me wrong and we will all end up watching a 1-0 or 2-1 game. I will be pulling for the Badgers in this game, must always go with the WCHA in tournament games. My final prediction of the year, WISCONSIN WINS 5-3.

1 comment:

  1. I want Wisconsin to win as well, but I have a bad, bad feeling right now.

    ReplyDelete