Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ovechkin slambs Gill and scores goal? Not.


Wow what a hit by Caps star Alex Ovechkin as he laid out the human obstruction machine Hall Gill. In my world that is what I call finishing a check and I believe that goal should have counted. I am hoping that the Capitals or Bruins make it out of the East this season. It was ruled no goal on the ice but I think it should have counted.
Ovechkin had a goal waved off 14:10 into the second. Ovechkin crashed the crease and knocked Montreal defenseman Hal Gill into Price as the puck slid into the net after the Montreal goalie made a huge glove save on Mike Knuble's shot.

Initially ruled a goal, the on-ice officials huddled in front the timekeeper's bench before reversing their decision, waving off the goal.
[NHL.COM]
BallHype: hype it up!

3 comments:

  1. Ovechkin is a great scorer, but his skates ALWAYS leave the ice when he hits someone. I thought that doing that is a penalty.

    Back to the video, that goal should have counted, since they aren't gonna enforce the rule...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the reasoning for that goal not counting??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know but waving it off cause a bit of a stir over on a few of the blogs.

    ReplyDelete