Thursday, January 21, 2010

Carcillo proves he is a hack


I know why Gabby dropped his gloves because he probably saw this one sided exchange that Matt Bradley had with uber hack Daniel Carcillo. I don't blame the Ranger coach at all for being upset.
PHILADELPHIA -- Dan Carcillo's bloody knuckles came at the expense of an unlikely victim.

Ray Emery made 24 saves for his second shutout of the season, and James van Riemsdyk and Mike Richards scored in the Philadelphia Flyers' 2-0 victory over the New York Rangers on Thursday night.

But Carcillo's fight against Rangers star Marian Gaborik overshadowed another strong effort by the resurgent Flyers.

Rangers coach John Tortorella was furious that Philadelphia's enforcer went after his best player and sarcastically called Carcillo "a brave guy."

"There's no honour in that," Tortorella said. "I don't play the game, I don't wear the uniform, I don't want to say too much about it, but there's simply no honour in that."

Carcillo floored Gaborik with a hard uppercut early in the second period after the two-time all-star surprisingly dropped his gloves first.

"I didn't really expect to fight who I fought, but it kind of worked out," Carcillo said. "I don't know who on that line would have been able to help him though. I wasn't expecting him to drop his gloves, but when he did, I pretty much was licking my chops."
[TSN.COM]
BallHype: hype it up!

3 comments:

  1. This is good stuff! Gabby in a fight? Man, Carcillo must really have pissed him off. If you look at it real close in slower speed, you can see that Gaborik dropped his glove first (right hand). I agree though, Carcillo is a pure hack (and I'm a die hard Flyers fan). He takes way too many penalties and the only reason they have him is to put players like Gaborik on edge. If Tortorella was so pissed about this, he should have barked at his own player, Marion Gaborik - not the opposing team. At least the Flyers won :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason Gabby dropped his glove was he didn't want to get suckered. I am convinced Gabby thought he was going to get punched and was defending himself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please.

    I've been wanting to do that to Gaborik for months now. Carcillo for Hobey!

    ReplyDelete