Monday, December 28, 2009

Some of the best hockey of the decade CBC style.


I found this over at Kuklas Korner and I personally love CBC NHL hockey coverage because they just cover the games and don't get into all of the homerisms that you get when watch some of the hockey games on NHL Center Ice. The Duck's announcers are the worst in the business.

I believe 2000-2009 decade was definitely filled with some great hockey moments. For hockey events I would include the 2005 WJC tourney that was held at the Ralph. The NHL was locked out and the WJC tourney included many great NHL hockey players like Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Malkin, Dion Phaneuf, Sidney Crosby, Ryan Getzlaf, Jeff Carter and Patrice Bergeron also current NHLers and former WCHA stars Drew Stafford and Phil Kessel were on Team USA. I must admit that I paid 100.00 to watch the championship game between Canada and Russia; I have never heard the Ralph rock like it did that night.
BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. What about the night Holy Cross beat the Gophers. That was the loudest the "new" Ralph has ever been!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't even close, it was louder for the Russians and Canada and the UND and Michigan game.

    ReplyDelete