Friday, November 06, 2009

Goon's Predictions.

I am going to be out of pocket this weekend in pursuit of the great white tail deer. By the time this post hits the blog I could have my deer already tied to a tree. I am proud to confess that I won last week's bet with Sioux7. Last week I bet Sioux7 a beer that UAA would get no points against the Minnesota Gophers, of course I was right Minnesota made UAA look like a big, slow, lumbering team. Now lets see how I do this week.

Minnesota at #18 Wisconsin

In this series I am going to agree with Sioux7 and say the Wisconsin Badgers SWEEP the Gophers this weekend. The loss of important cogs Bariball and Leddy will start to add up. I expect the Badgers to come out and hit the Gophers from the drop of the puck to the last whistle. Gophers see red. The Badges are loaded on defense; Brendan Smith, Ryan McDonagh, Jake Gardiner, Cody Goloubef, Justin Schultz are a pretty good group of defensemen.

#20 Minnesota-Duluth at #12 Colorado College

I am going to predict a SPLIT in this series: C.C. will be looking for some sweet revenge against the Bulldogs this weekend. Last season UMD knocked C.C. out of the WCHA tourney as well as the NCAA tourney. Up front UMD has some really nice players in Jack Connolly and Justin Fontaine, also the other Connolly Mike is a pretty nice player as well.

#3 North Dakota at Michigan Tech

On paper I would say that nothing less than a sweep is acceptable, however, hockey is played on the ice and not on paper. Last season the Huskies were brutal and they lost a lot of games they were last in the WCHA with a record of (6-25-7), the Huskies also lost a lot of players to injury. Back for a 6th season is the Huskies star player Malcolm Gwilliam who suffered a season-ending stroke last season and was granted a medical redshirt, Gwillian has been impressive early scoring (5g-3a-8pt). The realist in me says the series is before the first of the year so I am going to say Sioux 3 points.

#2 Denver at Alaska-Anchorage

The Pioneers have been pretty good when DU goalie, Mark Chevrie is in net, when Chevy is not in net the Pioneers have been average. Unfortunately for the Pioneers Chevrie suffer a injury to his leg last weekend, and the Pioneers are going to go with their rookie goalie Adam Murray has been brutal early on with a (1-2-1, GAA 4.27, .856 SV %). That being said I expect the Pioneers to take 3 points this weekend against the UAA Seawolves. Rhett Rakhshani (4g-5a-9pts) Tyler Ruegsegger (4g-4a-8pts) will lead the way for the Pioneers.

BYE - Off Week

Minnesota State University - Mankato
St. Cloud State University



BallHype: hype it up!

3 comments: