Sunday, November 22, 2009

Georges Laraque's Knee On Knee hit on Niklas Kronwall


I think this is a bush league hit and Georges Laraque should be suspended by the NHL for this dirty hit. I have have to be honest that I am not a fan of Georges Laraque and find his antics borish. That doesn't mean I don't like tough guys because I do. I just appreciate tough guys with honor that play the game straight up. It just find it funny that a guy that doesn't play more than eight minutes a game and that has little or any talent was able to knock out a talented defenseman like Niklas Kronwall. I saw this on hockey night and Canada last night and have to agree with the Redwing's General Manager.
Asked if he thought the hit dirty, Holland didn’t hesitate.

“Absolutely,” he said. “Yes, it was dirty. It was knee-on-knee, and I believe knee-on-knee is a dirty play. I don’t know if the referees saw it. I just saw Nik go down and then I got to watch it on TV and video replay.”

Laraque was only assessed a two-minute minor penalty for tripping – though he also got four minutes for high-sticking Darren Helm during the same shift – but the NHL may well hand down a suspension upon review.
[Freep.com]


BallHype: hype it up!

2 comments:

  1. Kronwall is a dirty player. What goes around, comes around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I would call him dirty but I think he is a hard nosed player.

    ReplyDelete